Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake 32 bit on Windows XP with Qemu, Qemu networking, Linux applications in Windows using X server
With this little tutorial I will explain what I did to:
- install Qemu and its accelerator kqemu
- create an image file where the guest operating system will be installed
- install and then run Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake 32 bit as a guest operating system
- connect from Windows host to Linux guest with qemu
- connect from Windows host to Linux guest and connect from Linux guest to Windows host using tap driver
- run seamless Linux applications in the Windows graphical environment using an X server
WAMP & Perl - Windows Apache, MySQL, PHP with CGI scripts written in Perl
I need Perl to run Blosxom, an open source and free CGI script to create blogs.
So I installed WAMP5 1.6.4a and ActivePerl 188.8.131.527 with MSI installer.
I already have my site on my disk, so I told my site directory to WAMP during the setup procedure and then I pointed my browser to http://localhost/index.cgi but it displayed the cgi instead of executing it.
This is what I did to make it work:
Blosxom: How to insert a fixed path for images in Blosxom
I wrote some post on my new site created with Blosxom and I wanted to insert some images that I put in a directory called
images under my website address root.
I found different solutions: