LAN messaging with XMPP protocol (jabber) to chat or to copy and paste links and texts in rdp sessions
Here is how I satisfied my need to have a LAN messaging program, not really to chat with other users on the same LAN, which I could do, but to copy and paste links or texts between a rdp client and a rdp server when copy and paste from/to clipboard does not work in rdp sessions, for instance with some Android rdp clients.
These are the programs I used:
- Openfire 3.9.3 on the "server" (which can be a simple Windows pc): a realtime collaboration server using XMPP/Jabber
- Miranda IM 0.10.23.0: a multi-protocol instant messaging client
- Xabber 0.9.30b: an Android Jabber client
If you get this error on YouTube trying to:
- remove some or all videos from YouTube "Watch History"
- "Clear all watch history"
- "Pause watch history"
... this is the solution that works for me:
- disable Video DownloadHelper from Firefox add-ons:
- restart the browser
- try again clearing or pausing YouTube watch history