Create a VPN to connect from an Android client to a home Windows XP server
If you want to connect to your home computer using rdp when you are not home and are connected to the internet, you have to open a port on your firewall; changing the standard rdp port on both your server and your firewall increases your security (or decreases your unsecurity); configuring a Virtual Private Network (VPN) increases your security even more, and you can close the rdp port on your firewall: in fact, when you connect your remote client to your vpn, your remote client comes inside your LAN so that you can remote access your server from inside the LAN.
- Configure server to create a VPN
- Configure router firewall for VPN passthrough
- Configure VPN on Windows clients
- Configure VPN on Android devices
- GPS accuracy
- Connecting to internet via bluetooth phone